Welcome to our Blog!

Welcome to our Blog!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Off to College!

Well, Caitlin has left for TCU. She left last Thursday morning. It was a bitter sweet good-bye. Paul and I are so proud of her and her new adventures which lay ahead, yet at the same time don't want to let her go. Paul had a hard time with saying the word to his "little" girl and it broke my heart in a million pieces to watch him do it. Those two are so close that they really do have their own language! Tyler knows "Sissy" is off to college, which by the way both of them think is up in the clouds, and it really hasn't fazed him YET! As for Jesse, he was having a hard day that morning when he had to say his good-byes. He just wanted to sit in her lap the whole time and kept hugging her. I guess to that our minds off the day and his little mind off of missing sissy, he fell at school and ended up in the emergency room AGAIN, and had his forehead guled! It was close to stiches but they glued it instead! Now he walks around the house telling us everyday how much he misses her. I know deep down inside Tyler feels the same way and misses her terribly too, but he isn't showing it just at the moment! We have talked to Caitlin everyday since she got there and she is loving it so far! She was able to move into her dorm room and our family in Texas helped her get set up and convert her dorm bed into a bunk bed to give her more space! We were talking to her last night, her first day of orientation and staying in her dorm room. As Paul was talking to her, he started laughing. Come to find out as she was talking to him she was rocking in a chair and thought she was still rocking when actually she was falling and fell off the chair and onto the floor! I guess we have another Holly on our hands! Well, that is all for now! I told Caitlin to send pictures so we can see her new place and the school! As soon as I get those I will post them and share with all of you!

3 comments:

cherrygarage said...

Congrats to Caitlyn. I'm sure Paul is having a hard time... can't imagine the day my boys will go off to school. Is there a way we can contact her, does she have a myspace or facebook? Let me know.. I'll add her and keep in touch!

Baker Girl said...

That has got to be hard and I know our day will be here before we know it. I'm so happy to see Caitlin get this opportunity and so proud of her that she worked so hard!! Kudos to you and Paul for encouraging her and supporting her the every step of the way!! I can't wait to see the pictures of her dorm!

homecooks said...

We are glad to have Caitlin in Texas, but I know this must be painful for you.

Think of you often, anxious to see you next month!

Keely